NEWS & UPDATES:
- Adelaide Books of NEW YORK has accepted my latest project, "PIVOT," for publication with an expected release date of December 2018. This collection of poetry has been illustrated by the award winning artist and illustrator, Ashley Teets of Ashley Teets Illustration. PIVOT will be included in the BOOK EXPO in New York next Spring!
- My poem, "Rapunzel," was selected as Shortlist Winner Nominee in the Adelaide Voices Poetry Award for best poem.
- I have been chosen as a FINALIST in the Adelaide Voices Poetry Award 2018 with my poem, "Between Two Worlds."
- "Hills of Home" now advertised on the BIG screen at the Robey Theatre!
- My poem, "Shattered," published January 25, 2018 in Night Garden Journal:
- Adelaide Literary Magazine has accepted three poems for publication in their January 2018 issue:
"Luminescence," "To My Mother," and "Day at the Beach"
- Three poems "Air Maneuvers," "Resemblant," and "Sunday Afternoon at the Park" were published in the November 2017 issue of Scarlet Leaf Review
- Gently Appalachia column - "Molasses Making Time in Calhoun County," The Hur Herald, 09-2016
- Gently Appalachia column - "County Fair,"The Hur Herald, 08-2016
- "Soul'd Out sings for senior center's dinner" - Wirt County Journal, 08-24-16
- Poem "Harmony" published in January 2016 issue of Torrid Literature Journal
- Poem "Pilferer" published in the Fall issue of WestWard Quarterly
- Poem "Hinged" published in the Summer issue of WestWard Quarterly
- "Ode to Earl Hamner" published in the print editon of the Nelson County Times and their online version The News & Advance
- Poems "Unrestrained" and "Grandmother's Vines" published in the Summer issue of Halcyon Magazine
HILLS of HOME, my memoir about growing up in Appalachia, has been released as an AUDIOBOOK and is available for download at Audible as well as
Amazon and iTunes.
CD sets of the audiobook will be available soon.
Praise for Hills of Home:
"I think the book is a valuable detailed and most honest documentation of a part of Appalachia that has not been celebrated so well until now." (Earl Hamner, Jr., best-selling author of Spencer's Mountain and creator of the beloved The Waltons television series)