Debbie met with Stevan & Adelaide Nikolic of Adelaide Books
of NEW YORK on May 30, 2019 to sign copies of PIVOT at
Book Expo America in NYC.
Pivot was also included in the Book Fair in Frankfurt, Germany!
- "HILLS OF HOME" is being transcribed into Braille for Kristie Mills' students at the WV Schools for the Deaf & Blind
- "Literature for the People," new literary magazine from Malta in the UK has published 4 of my poems: "Unveiling," "Evanesce," "Firsts," and "Memoralized."
- My poem, "Rapunzel," was Shortlisted in the Adelaide Voices Poetry Award for Best Poem.
- I have been chosen as a FINALIST in the Adelaide Voices Poetry Award 2018 with my poem, "Between Two Worlds."
- Adelaide Literary Magazine has accepted three poems for publication in their January 2018 issue
- Gently Appalachia column - "Molasses Making Time in Calhoun County," The Hur Herald, 09-2016
- Gently Appalachia column - "County Fair,"The Hur Herald, 08-2016
- Poem "Harmony" published in January 2016 issue of Torrid Literature Journal
- Poem "Pilferer" published in the Fall issue of WestWard Quarterly
- Poem "Hinged" published in the Summer issue of WestWard Quarterly
- 'Hills of Home' A True Appalachian Chronicle - Article written by Cat Pleska for The Charleston Gazette
- "Ode to Earl Hamner" published in the print editon of the Nelson County Times and their online version The News & Advance
- Poems "Unrestrained" and "Grandmother's Vines"published in the Summer issue of Halcyon Magazine
HILLS of HOME, my memoir about growing up in Appalachia, has been released as an AUDIOBOOK in October 2018, narrated by the author, and is now available:
Download: at Audible as well as Amazon and iTunes.
Audiobook on CD: at Our-WV.com
Praise for Hills of Home:
"I think the book is a valuable detailed and most honest documentation of a part of Appalachia that has not been celebrated so well until now." (Earl Hamner, Jr., best-selling author of Spencer's Mountain and creator of the beloved The Waltons television series)
Awards, Reviews, and News/Magazine articles: